So lots of folks are asking what we're going to do now that hurricane season has finally gotten underway. So here's the current plan.... We're going to stay put in this anchorage until at least the end of September. It has good holding, a nice place to walk/swim and grocery store is about 2 miles away. There is a nice marina about an hour down the river with floating docks and a breakwater. We're going to head there if a hurriance is within 2 days of our location. Ive already checked and they have lots of slips available. We'll then stay in a hotel until the weather has passed or worst case go to a shelter. We will not stay on the boat. I actually met a lady on the beach yesterday who is a local sheriff, paramedic and works for FEMA too. She was a wealth of knowledge of the local area and where to go.
If the current tropical storm Anna stays on it's predicted track it looks like we may be headed to the marina.
The hard part about staying in this anchorage - aside from wanting to get underway again is the barnicles. This place is horrible for that. I'll actually have to dive and clean the bottom every week to stay on top of it --- even with my good bottom paint.