I also took everything apart trying to determine what was up with my raw water intake that goes to the engine as it was clogged up again - yet nothing in the strainer basket. Anyway I finally determined- and this is embarrassing to admit -- the darn strainer was on backwards! I noticed an arrow on the top of the thing that was pointed from the engine to the sea cock. That didn't seem to make sense. I called DJ for a second opinion and he confirmed it. It only took a few minutes to take the thing apart and remount it correctly. Now the junk should actually go into the strainer basket instead of getting clogged up all around it! Now I will admit that I'm not the one who put it on backwards - but it's been like that since Mobile! Of course, since I'm the captain of this little vessel I'll still have to take responsibility :-)
I also hung up a bracket for my oil lamp using an idea I stole off my friend John Maynard. Thanks John! However it turns out my cheap oil lamp is not really that bright.
Best thing of all that happened this weekend was finally getting the darn bimini arranged correctly. I can't believe I lived almost a year with it the way it was. Now I can actually see out the front without stooping over - and the same for the back.
Yesterday, early in the morning, I saw a manatee right next to the boat. He was huge! Later in the day I re-inflated my newly patched dinghy, wrestled the motor on to it and took Coleen for a ride to shore. We both needed a little time on land and a nice walk. I'll admit that I thought about going for a little sail- but I was just too lazy and instead curled up in the cockpit with a book. But that's OK I really needed a relaxing day.